Friday, December 16, 2011

One Year

Our Lyndee girl turned one year old on December 6th and this has been a year that I hope I will never forget. I sit here in tears as I reflect on the last year of our lives, and how grateful I am for our little Lyndee. I wish I would have been better at writing down the little everyday things that she did, but here are the things I do remember.

I remember the night before Lyndee was to be born laying in bed thinking that I was so prepared and that my life would never be the same. Well I wasn't nearly as prepared as I thought but I was right about the second one, I will never be the same thanks to Lyn. I reflect on the moment they handed that tiny angel to me, I will never forget the powerful spirit I could feel inside that tiny little girl. I remember tiny everything, toes, fingers, nose, ears, lips, I was in LOVE! I remember many many sleepless nights feeding and pleading with my Heavenly Father that I would be the Mom that Lyndee needed. I remember throw up, LOTS of throw up and exhaustion! I remember being so grateful for modern medicine, learning to be patient and that God was in charge. I remember thinking that I have never in my life experienced happiness like this. I don't think in my 23 years of life that I have smiled so much. I remember the first time Lyndee smiled, the first time she laughed, started rolling over and scooting. Her mini push ups, crawling, growling and clapping. I remember hearing "mama" for the first time.

I also remember watching Travis change as a person as well, into someone I love even more than the man that I married. To say he adores her is an understatement, and her feelings for him are mutual. I remember the first time we gave our bean food, real food, she was in LOVE and has never been the same. This girl loves to eat and I love to watch her with her little toes pushed up against the edge of her highchair and her hums of delight with every bite. I remember her hair, which I worried would never make its appearance, but boy did it ever, it sticks up in every direction imaginable (the only other thing she got from her mom besides her nose).

Now I hope to remember her "loves" and her kisses, the chub on her thighs, her yummy chocolate eyes like her dad's, and the way she grabs the back of my legs. Her unbelieveable screams at the top of her lungs in the grocery store, at church, during dinner and wishing I could stop her so that everyone would stop directing their attention our way. ( I might be happy to forget this one actually!) They way she mimics every noise that you make, the way she reads books and points to every page and jabbers like she is reading it to you.

She started walking more consistently this week and I thought I would be sad to see her grow up, but I am so happy. I love her excitement and the proud look on her face when she staggers around. I love her fire and her zest for life, I think Travis and I are in for it but we are excited. Life is so good!I would be lying if I said that I would go back and do it all over again, because it was really so hard at times. But I would never give up the person that I have become, the person that I thought "couldn't do this." Children are a miracle, and I think I was sent the perfect one just for me. I know it has only been a year, but I can't wait to watch this little one learn and grow for many more years. Happy Birthday Lyndee Ruth!


3 comments:

MomMitchell said...

Ok, so you made ME cry!! Oh how we love our little screamer, bean, Linner's, Lyndee!! She is such a delightful little girl, and so glad's she's a part of our family

Paige said...

She is so dang cute and big! I can't believe it! I just love her! And you guys. Good work! :) Happy 4 year aniversary!!

Amanda B. said...

Beautiful post! I love that you love being a mom. Lyndee is so lucky to have you!! Happy birthday to her.

P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new family pictures. They are perfect.