This week I had one of those, wow you have really lost it moments. Let me explain..
I went to get Lyndee in one morning after I heard she had woken up. We did our regular change the bum reach for a diaper in the basket routine, we ate breakfast and played just like we usually do. She also pooped while playing, which may be TMI but that was also normal for this time in the morning. I ran her back upstairs to the changing table to change her, got everything cleaned up and went to grab a diaper out of the basket, which I might add is on the shelf of the changing table and not very visible from the top. But to my surprise there were no diapers left. No problem I'll just open a new package from her closet, because we ALWAYS have an extra package ready. There were NO diapers in her closet, there were NO diapers in the diaper bag, there were NO diapers anywhere. Meanwhile she is running around her room naked while I'm in a major panic, thinking to myself, " Who does this??"
Luckily I had spotted earlier some swimming diapers, which by the way absorb nothing! (Just ask my sister in law Randee who was peed on by Lyn while was wearing one on the 4th of July, hilarious). So I hurried and threw one on her and put her jammies back on and off to the store we went. Just a side note here, this is at like 8:15 in the morning, and I would like to say I am a pretty put together person and am perfectly ready by this time, lets be honest I'm totally not! I looked disgusting and Lyndee was sporting a pretty cute do herself. Luckily Walgreens is just down the street from our house and they have pretty good deals on diapers, I had a coupon and nobody is there at 8:15 on a Wednesday morning! You will be glad to know there are currently 150 diapers now at the top of her closet!
I share this story for two reasons, so I will remember it and it will hopefully never happen again. Also because I hope and pray I am not the only one in the whole world who has done something like this, right? If not maybe my lack of responsibility will make another mom feel better about herself? Now onto the next problem... shoes and tooth brushes in the toilet. YUCK! I love being a mom!
I went to get Lyndee in one morning after I heard she had woken up. We did our regular change the bum reach for a diaper in the basket routine, we ate breakfast and played just like we usually do. She also pooped while playing, which may be TMI but that was also normal for this time in the morning. I ran her back upstairs to the changing table to change her, got everything cleaned up and went to grab a diaper out of the basket, which I might add is on the shelf of the changing table and not very visible from the top. But to my surprise there were no diapers left. No problem I'll just open a new package from her closet, because we ALWAYS have an extra package ready. There were NO diapers in her closet, there were NO diapers in the diaper bag, there were NO diapers anywhere. Meanwhile she is running around her room naked while I'm in a major panic, thinking to myself, " Who does this??"
Luckily I had spotted earlier some swimming diapers, which by the way absorb nothing! (Just ask my sister in law Randee who was peed on by Lyn while was wearing one on the 4th of July, hilarious). So I hurried and threw one on her and put her jammies back on and off to the store we went. Just a side note here, this is at like 8:15 in the morning, and I would like to say I am a pretty put together person and am perfectly ready by this time, lets be honest I'm totally not! I looked disgusting and Lyndee was sporting a pretty cute do herself. Luckily Walgreens is just down the street from our house and they have pretty good deals on diapers, I had a coupon and nobody is there at 8:15 on a Wednesday morning! You will be glad to know there are currently 150 diapers now at the top of her closet!
I share this story for two reasons, so I will remember it and it will hopefully never happen again. Also because I hope and pray I am not the only one in the whole world who has done something like this, right? If not maybe my lack of responsibility will make another mom feel better about herself? Now onto the next problem... shoes and tooth brushes in the toilet. YUCK! I love being a mom!

4 comments:
Hilarious~~~really!! You are not the first mom to do this, but I really got a good laugh with you telling me your day. Please post about the boot & toothbrush in the toilet~~you don't want to forget that story!! And she's so cute!!
LOVE her lots!!
I love it! I am so glad that you shared this story. Although I haven't had that exact scenario happen, there have been so many other moments where I thought to myself, "what kind of a mom does this!?!?". Luckily, in the end we are good moms and we have amazing little girls! I love Lyndee's hair, P.S. Too cute.
Hah! I have definitely done that. More than once! I think its just part of being a mom. It is nice to hear that others do the same thing. Especially when you just count on the fact that you are always well prepared, and then something somehow slips through the cracks! Lyndee is a doll!!
Ha ha! I love this post. You are such a cute mommy, and believe that has happened to me more then once. It makes for great stories right? :) Lydee is seriously the cutest thing, and I agree I miss seeing you please lets get together!!!!
Post a Comment