Where did the time go?
Yes you could call me a blog slacker, but I do have a good excuse. We officially moved out of the University of Utah Village and became grown ups. I never thought I would say this but we loved our time there and created some awesome memories and friends. The night before we moved out of our one bedroom, cinder block walled, potato bug infested 80's apartment we reminisced. We thought about the night we moved in in the snow storm a week before we got married. We remembered the first dinner I ever cooked there, eaten on cardboard boxes with camp chairs for seating. We thought about the 3 couches that came in and quickly out of our lives, and laughed! We also laughed about the little mice and rat creatures who tried to be our friends but were quickly THROWN out! Travis have 3 semesters of school left when we moved in, and now is officially graduated and finished for a minute. We talked about our time at the medical branch at the University of Utah Hospital and how grateful we are for that experienced. That experience strengthened us not only as individuals, but even more as a couple. We can't even believe the learning experiences and blessings that we received in our little one bedroom cave. We learned what marriage was all about and how to work together as a team.
Our new place is in North Salt Lake and comes equipped with a dishwasher, washer and dryer hook ups, a large kitchen with counter space, two bedrooms and the list goes on and on! To many of you these things might sound kind of simple but to us its a HUGE step up and we couldn't be happier! I tried to make the move as simple as possible and I think we did it. We are so grateful for our families, I'm not sure we could live with out them. They are always just a phone call away, we love you! It was so nice to be able to sleep in a new apartment where most everything was all ready put away. The decorations still need to go up but we are so so happy to be there and to make many more memories. Sorry pictures to come.. we are still without Internet in our new place. I'll add them when we get that going!

7 comments:
i can't wait to see pictures!! :)
I am dying for pics of the place and also a tour!! I am SO happy for you guys- and the washer/dryer hookup and dishwasher are a HUGE thing to all of us who have been there - which I think we all have:) CONGRATS!!
You blogged finally! Wahoo! Congrats on the new place! It really is fabulous! I told Chad i want to move there! haha
Yeah for your new place!! I can't wait for pictures too! um..and we still need to dinner! Soon! Baby is coming anyday!
So happy for you guys to be in No. Salt Lake, closer to all of us. There's nothing quite like the "first" appartment, usually a place where your so glad you actually have a place, but always so glad to move up!!And I think all of those things you now have mean so much more to you, it just makes life a lot easier. So proud of both of you for all you've accomplished.
I'm glad we're neighbors now! Let us know if you need anything! :)
Well we are officially out of the village. It is kind of a bitter sweet feeling. We miss you guys, I wish we could have spent more time hanging out because I always had so much fun with you. I hope you are enjoying your new apartment! Take care and keep in touch. Oh and I love your blog.
Post a Comment