Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CONTINUING MAY...

Travis is 25 years old and loaded! One night a couple weeks ago while watching American Idol Travis decided to count up the change he has saved up for the majority of his life in Gatorade bottles. Thanks to his wife the change has moved into more decorative jars! We dumped them all out on our bed (we thought of the dirtiness of this afterwards) and started to separate them. Of course I was assigned the pennies and Trav took the others, he was finished with the quarters, nickles and dimes before I was done with the pennies. It was quite the job but pretty fun to do together.. yes you could call us lame! Here are the totals for the night..

Quarters- $66.25
Dimes- $53.50
Nickles-$16.55
Pennies- $12.06

Grand Total- $148.36



MAY 13th- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

My awesome Dad turned 45 on May 13th. I feel so grateful to be his daughter, he has called and treated me like a princess for as long as I can remember. My Dad is an incredible business man but there is nothing that means more to him than his family. He is always supporting his children and loves to spend time with us. I have never questioned that my Dad has a testimony, he is one of the most faithful people I know. He and my mom teach institute in their stake and I attended many times before I got married. He is a fabulous teacher and always taught me to " think outside the box!" I don't know many other girls that can punch like a boy or run a football pattern like I can thanks to my Dad! Sure love ya!



May 27th- TRAVIS' B-DAY THE BIG 25!


Today I feel so lucky to be married to this guy! When we were friends in young single adults I tried to set all of my friends up with Trav. I wanted someone to take advantage of what a great guys he is, I always thought that the girl that got him would be so lucky! Who knew it would be me?! Everyday I can count on him making me smile or laugh, I really am the luckiest girl! Here are 5 of my favorite things about Trav..

1- He is hilarious! Travis has the best sense of humor, he can make me laugh like nobody else. Going along with that is his laugh, when Trav gets laughing there is nothing better! I have never been happier in my life than I am right now because of him.

2- He is selfless. I knew when I married Trav that I would always be put before everything else in his life. He is so great to take a break from long hours of studying to spend a few minutes with me. Because of this selflessness I know I can count on him holding many church callings that will require service. If you call him for anything, he will be there in no time to help out.

3- He is a people person. Trav loves to be around people and talk to people. He has taught me a lot about being kind to everyone. Travis isn't afraid to get to know someone and make them feel like they are important. There were many times when we were serving up at the hospital
that he amazed me, he can turn anyone's day around for the better.

4- He loves to chill. One of the things Trav loves to do the most is to hang out in basketball shorts and slippers and watch a basketball game or movie. Some of my favorite times during the week are just hanging out with him and relaxing. If you want to see Trav at his best, this would be the time to come over.

5- He isn't afraid to work. Travis works his hardest at everything he does. If its washing the dishes (which he is meticulous at) or studying for tests, he doesn't do anything with a half effort. I've never seen anyone work harder in school, he has had a tough year of school this year and he has never given up. That is encouraging for the long years ahead of us, I know I can rely on his strength.


MAY 29th- BETH'S B-DAY!


I always feared for what my mother-in-law would be like, but in my opinion I got one of the best. There have been many times I have called her when I have ruined a recipe and needed help or just for advice about life. I think the selfless quality that I love so much in Travis came from his mother. She is always willing to do anything for anyone! She is such and example to me and I hope someday to be like her. We hope you have a great birthday!

8 comments:

Todd and Melissa said...

Way to go collecting the coinage! We have a teeny little piggy bank that's in the shape of a pig and it holds about $25 max! Oh, and happy birthday Trav!

Michelle said...

haha I think the storing change in a gatorade bottle is for sure a Mitchell thing! You guys are loaded! I wish I could say I have that much saved up! Happy b-day Travy!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Oh, I LOVED this post! I love that Trav collected all of that money - who knew? I love what you said about Trav too - he is one of the nicest and fun people I know. I have always loved him, but I think he got a pretty good deal getting you too:)

MomMitchell said...

Love the blog up-date. You are so sweet to me, aqnd I love and appreciate you so much. I feel so blessed to have you a part of our family. Thanks for being such a cute wifey to Trav. Son't spent all that money in one place!!!

Ben and Lindsay said...

happy birthday to all the birthday people!!! And I am jealous, I like counting change! I think its fun! Next time I will be glad to help! :-) Love ya

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday to Travis and a belated congrats on his graduation! That is awesome!

Loved reading about the Race for the Cure and counting the coins. I think we cashed our coin jar out a few times to buy our groceries when we were in college. We need to start collecting the coins again.

Marcie said...

Happy birthday trav. I hope you guys went out for a steak dinner with all you money! I love what you said about Travis, it's all true...just remember though behide every great man is an even greater women.

Mitchell Family said...

your on a roll with this blogging thing...i think we need to count up jers gateraid bottles and tally up...they are all still in our basement!