Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yes.. we are alive!!

I always complain that I have nothing exciting to blog about. Well this month I have had tons but just been too lazy to blog about it. So here is the month of May and our exciting activites all in one post! Bare with me here..

GRADUATION- MAY 7TH!

Travis graduated from the University of Utah with a Degree in Exercise and Sports Science. This last semester has been crazy for him so we couldn't be more excited for him to be done! He is such an awesome guy and I am so lucky to have him in my life. Don't worry it doesn't all stop there, he started classes again this last Monday. He is finishing some prereq. classes for med school and then will be finished for a minute! After that the plan is to work, take the MCAT and build an awesome resume to apply for medical school. Doesn't that sound like fun? We are excited for the future and the opportunites life has in store for us!


MAY 9TH- RACE FOR THE CURE!

I feel so lucky to have been a part of the race for the cure event this year. I have never experiened anything like it, you can feel the hope, courage and inspiration with every step of the race. You can't help but feel touched walking with amazing women who have suffered this life shattering cancer. It was so neat to look forward and see thousands of women everywhere! My mother-in-law Beth has been a survivor of Breast Cancer for 3 years and I am so happy that she let me share this experience with her. She is such an ispiration and strength to me. It was also so fun to be with my mom and sister, I'm so glad they wanted to join in as well. I hope I can be a part of this amazing event for many years to come!


I think that is enough events and pictures for one post. When I get some more patience and time I will add some more events! May isn't even over yet right?

7 comments:

Todd and Melissa said...

Yay! We're so glad for the update! May was definitely a good month for you guys!

Bain Becomes a Master said...

You forgot to mention your birthday is in May! I'm so glad you updated your blog. I miss you!

Michelle said...

Way to go Amanda on updating your blog! Congrats to Travy for graduating! Go Utes! Love the pics of the Race for the Cure! Sad I couldn't be there to support...so thanks for being there for my mom..I know it meant a lot to her. Love ya!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Welcome back to blog-world:) SOOOOO happy you guys get a break from school for a bit - ENJOY it!!!

Mitchell Family said...

you did it!!! you actually posted! love it, keep it going.
Congrats to fudley, what an accomplishemnt! i loved that day with Jer! On to med school!

love the pics from the race for the cure, i'm there next year!!!

lisa said...

Glad you found time to update! I hope you get some 'down time' with Trav before your life gets even crazier!!!

Ben and Lindsay said...

Congrats on Travis for graduating that is a HUGE accomplishment!