I QUIT the Meal Group!
What is a meal group you ask? This fabulous idea that some fabulous cook came up with I'm sure. There are usually 3 sets of couples or families in each group, one family is assigned to cook dinner for the other families one day a week. So that means for me, I only cook 3 days a week for Trav and I and two days a week we get a a warm meal brought right to our door! Sounds great right, well actually fabulous IF you are a great cook. I unfortuately got into a group with two amazing cooks, and their poor families dread every Wednesday night when they get my crap of a meal! Its not like I'm honestly not trying my very best to make the most incredible food anyone has ever tasted, because gosh I am. But it seems that every single week, something has to go wrong. It probably doesn't help that my kitchen is the size of most people's bathtub! Case in point, here is the example from last week. Yes these WERE potatoes, before they were FRIED in my oven for an hour and a half! For some reason I cut them way smaller than I needed to, but cooked them like they were huge chunks. Of course I had never made them before but wanted to try something new and exciting, BAD IDEA!! So instead of yummy potatoes, my group got an embarassing apology and fried potatoe chips! Needless to say I am learning the virtue of patience and cooking at the same time. No I'm not really quitting the meal group for now, I'll wait until my group members kick me out. If you have any good ideas for some ruin proof meals, I would love it! Don't laugh too hard, and if you are wondering yes Trav did eat them. What a guy!Hopefully one day I'll have a success story! :)


9 comments:
lol Amanda girl you crack me up!I would be fired if I was in a meal group because I screw things up all the time. Actually your potatoes don't look bad at all!
oh my gosh, i am laughing sooo hard. good stuff, great times and yes, one day you'll wake up and realize that somewhere along the way you've matured into an amazing cook. (you are pretty darn good already, but i don't think your open to the compliment at this exact moment.) CROCK POT, is my advice, soups, stews, roasts, you name it, CROCK POT!!!
They don't look bad! They look like chips! :) I found a website called e-mealz.com and you sign up and you get 5 recipes and the shopping list every week. They are really easy and really good! I don't know how many you cook for...but they have different menus to sign up for. Will loves them! I love them cause they're easy to make and help boost my cooking confidence ;) Check it out! See you if you'd like it! Love ya!
I think they look great! And you married a Mitchell--they eat anything! (that is a compliment!) I second what Randall said--crock pot all the way! i have lots of crock pot recipes if you'd like some!
Amanda I love you! good for you for joining one of those, I would be way to scared to do that! and I bet you are a great cook! Love ya
Oh that is too funny and it actually sounds sooo like me. Everytime I try something new - which I tend to do when I am taking something somewhere (duh) - something goes wrong. Good luck with the group thing - can't you just make the same thing everytime:)
You're so funny! I also agree with the Crockpot comments—super easy and really hard to do wrong. You could do some casseroles too. I have a book at work called 101 Things to do with a Casserole, not to mention 101 Things to do with a Slow Cooker, parts 1 and 2!
OH, you are way too funny! I am so glad to know I'm not the only female out there that struggles in the kitchen.
You are too funny. And honestly I didn't cook much until we had our kids. Which was about 4 1/2 years into our marriage, and I still don't like it I just do it because I have to. I agree - CROCKPOT! I will try to find you some easy recipes and post them for you. Don't worry you married a Mitchell , they eat anything!:)
Post a Comment