Sunday, October 19, 2008

FAMOUS UTE FANS!

Once again being the lucky people that we are we were called on Saturday morning and asked if we wanted tickets to the Utah football game. So of course we jumped on the chance and made our nice stroll down to the stadium! Living so close to the stadium is so convenient and we never have to worry about parking, its great! It was such a gorgeous day to be outside and especially to watch a football game. The Utes had an awesome game and the fans couldn't be happier about what was about to be a 8-O winning season. Just when the fans in front of us thought the Utes had the game in the bag they pulled out this aw inspiring sign which read, "Cougars this is what 8-O looks like!" The crowd roared and couldn't agree more with the blatant, in your face message that was written on it! We then started to notice the media turning around and filming and taking pictures of it as well. We enjoyed the rest of the game and even got a right side of the face only sun burn! What a day!

Much to our suprise the next day there we were on the front page of the Deseret News shown cheering right behind that sign! Here is a picture of us that was taken by the newspaper and was on their website. If you want to see the front page of the paper itself just holler, we would be proud to show it to you! Play where's waldo and see if you can find us! Go Utes!


11 comments:

Michelle said...

haha That is so funny! I love it! Lucky Trav and living in the sunshine just getting handed tickets to things left and right...the thing about Nebraska is that NO ONE gives up their tickets without charging for them since they are such a hot commody! I love the sign! I'm going to show it to Chad just for kicks! :) Go Utes!

Ben and Lindsay said...

you really need to pass on the good luch or something, you just must me loved! well I know you are! so is that you sitting down wearing glasses?

lisa said...

Once again...LUCKY!!! You two will go far in life with Trav's luck! I heard all about the game and it sounded like fun! Is Trav going to frame the picture and put it above the mantle? I think Brad would!

Todd and Melissa said...

You guys are totally famous now! :)

Mitchell Family said...

YEAH FOR THE FAMOUS MITCHELLS...where is all the cash that comes with it, because if a check comes I'd just like you to know we love you the very most...and we'd like a new house. :)

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

So funny - Brent emailed me the picture last week and all he said was that he know the guy above the sign - I totally saw Trav right away. So fun - frame it and hang it!!!

Kevin & Sheri Schmidt said...

I didn't realize you guys were THAT close to THE sign!!! Way to go! We had a blast with you guys the other day!

Paige said...

Oh man that is so funny, I love it, I showed everyone in my office cus we get the paper and I always put them away and as soon as I pulled it out I saw my best friend amanda! Love ya and miss ya!

Chaleese said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know, that we are making our blog private! If you would like an invite just leave me your e-mail on my blog! Thanks!

Lori said...

I switched to a private blog so let me know your email and I'll send you an invite-
jdtwitchell@gmail.com

tamrandfamily said...

I found you!! I got your blog through Lindsays! You look beautiful Amanda and so happy!! I told the girls I would throw a party around Christmas and have all of the gang come...so stay in touch!
Love ya
Tamra Merrill