Tuesday, September 16, 2008

OUR LITTLE GETAWAY



It being our very first year of marriage Trav and I were excited to learn that we would be receiving a stimulus check in the mail after paying our first taxes together. Being a 19 year old bride I have to admit I have never really known how the whole tax thing worked (and I still don't to be honest). But this year Trav took that job over and did a fabulous job, a few months later he would check the mail everyday to see if our check had come! We decided that it had been a while since both of us had been to California and Disneyland and that that would be the perfect place to put our money back into the economy! We checked on the internet and found some amazingly cheap tickets and an even cheaper hotel so we booked it! Here are some fun pictures of our adventure!



I had heard about these famous letters outside of California Adventure but had never been there to see them. They are so cool and it is such a fun park!


Captain Jack & Trav


Behind the Ferris wheel is the wicked screamer roller coaster that I almost peed my pants on and closed my eyes all the way through. Trav loves these kinds of rides and enjoyed every mintute of it! It was so fun to go with him because he knows the parks so well and knows where all of the great rides are! He was the fast pass champion!


Bugs Life 3D Movie!



We loved every second of being in Disneyland! There is such a great atmosphere there and it was so great to feel like a kid again! You can tell by the end of the day at the parks, going on crazy rides and getting drenched I am looking pretty stellar! We had such a fun trip and highly recommend it!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks like you guys had a blast in Cali! I'm glad you put up some pics! It totally makes me want to go to Disneyland again. I am like a 5 year old that can't seem to get enough of it. haha

Megan and Will said...

I didn't know you guys had gone to cali! That's so fun!! Maybe one day we can all go on a vaca together! that'd be fun!! I miss ya cousin! Love ya guys!

Amanda B. said...

Hey guys! We found your site through Randee's. Happy to see you are blogging! Looks like your trip was great. Gotta love that rebate check!

We have a blog too but it's private. We'll send you an invite. :)

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I am so jealous of your trip! I have been itching to get back there for awhile now! Looks like you guys had sooo much fun - what a fun thing to do as newlyweds!!
- I am putting you on my site - nice job on the blog by the way!!