Monday, September 22, 2008

HE'S BACK!!


On Sept. 9th my older brother Kohl returned home from the Kaohsuing, Taiwan mission. We can't believe he is actually here, I was beginning to think that we was gone forever! He was such a fabulous missionary and we are so proud of him and thankful for the blessings we recieved because of his service. I have been so blessed to have such and amazing example for a big brother and I am so grateful for him!
Travis never really knew Kohl before he left and stated about a week before he got home how excited he was for Kohl to come home so he could have someone to relate to and hangout with in the family! (Before now his oldest brother-in-law in my family was 16). It has been really fun to watch them get to know eachother and become great friends. Kohl has called Trav a few times since he has been home to ask for advice, its great! He has such a cute chinese accent and we can't wait to spend more time with him! Welcome home Kohl!


8 comments:

Paige said...

Holy Cow Amanda! I can't believe he is home!! And you have almost been married for a year! CRAZY! Michelle commented on my blog and said something about your blog so I had to find ya! You guys are so cute... ps you need to fix your music thing, I can't read your post about cali cus its covering it up! Love ya!!

Mitchell Family said...

we heard his homecomming was nothing short of amazing! glad to see that trav and your bro are hitting it off so well. it's nice to have families mesh so well.

lisa said...

Yeah! I've been wondering how things have been going. You're doing so well at updating your blog! YOu're a natural!

Megan and Will said...

oooh tears came to my eyes reading this! i wish i could have been there! does he have a facebook or anything? haha i could look i guess...way fun!!i'm glad he's home too!!

Ben and Lindsay said...

Ok girl so I had no idea that you had a blog! thanks for saying hi! I was thinking bout you the other day! I miss seeing ya in English, seeing you in general! You two look SO happy! I cant believe Kohl is home that is crazy and flew by! I love ya tons

Marcie said...

Ryan Smith talked in our ward on sunday and said what a awesome missionary he was. I'm sure your glad to have him home. Your blog is so darling. I can't wait to see more adventures of Trav and Amanda!

Lori said...

Hey!! I'm so glad you have a blog too! I saw a link to it on Julie's blog, so I had to check it out. It looks like we have the same taste for backgrounds- cool with me!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I didn't even know you had a brother on a mission - I am soooo lame! Glad to know he is home, I love to see how grown-up and fun they are when they get home.