Over the last few weeks I have done a lot of pondering. Sometimes I get frustrated with the situation our little family is in. I have felt like we are kind of in limbo just waiting for the next phase of our lives to come. If you know me very well you know how patience is not one of my best qualities. Quite frankly it is something I have to work on everyday. But it seems like in the last few weeks my perspective has been opened a little bit.
Sometimes in life I feel like I am doing all the right things and making the right decisions and putting my life in God's hands. But then I wonder why I am not being blessed, why the things I want to happen aren't happening, at least not in the timing I would like. But then after having a great conversation with my family I began to really assess myself. I asked why I am a member of the church, and what is the real reason that I live the gospel. Is it just to receive blessings? Is that the only reason? I am ashamed to say that sometimes I get sucked into that way of living, the mindset that if I do what I am supposed to I will receive the blessings. In reality that isn't why I should live the gospel. It should be because I love God, and I love the temple and the promises I have made there. I live the gospel because it gives me peace and structure in my life. I live the gospel because I love the companionship of the spirit. I live the gospel because I have gained a testimony of its truthfulness. I live the gospel because I want to be with my family for eternity.
Struggling and having trials are the things I was aware of when I signed up to come to Earth, its all part of the journey. As I look around me I realize, He IS blessing me everyday! My family is healthy and happy and that alone is a huge blessing! I have started trying to look for the positive and living for today and making the best out of everyday. My life may change in an instant and I don't want to have any regrets that I missed something because I was too worried about what was going to happen tomorrow. Of all my blessings these two are my favorite...

Sometimes in life I feel like I am doing all the right things and making the right decisions and putting my life in God's hands. But then I wonder why I am not being blessed, why the things I want to happen aren't happening, at least not in the timing I would like. But then after having a great conversation with my family I began to really assess myself. I asked why I am a member of the church, and what is the real reason that I live the gospel. Is it just to receive blessings? Is that the only reason? I am ashamed to say that sometimes I get sucked into that way of living, the mindset that if I do what I am supposed to I will receive the blessings. In reality that isn't why I should live the gospel. It should be because I love God, and I love the temple and the promises I have made there. I live the gospel because it gives me peace and structure in my life. I live the gospel because I love the companionship of the spirit. I live the gospel because I have gained a testimony of its truthfulness. I live the gospel because I want to be with my family for eternity.
Struggling and having trials are the things I was aware of when I signed up to come to Earth, its all part of the journey. As I look around me I realize, He IS blessing me everyday! My family is healthy and happy and that alone is a huge blessing! I have started trying to look for the positive and living for today and making the best out of everyday. My life may change in an instant and I don't want to have any regrets that I missed something because I was too worried about what was going to happen tomorrow. Of all my blessings these two are my favorite...


7 comments:
Amanda you really are amazing and I think you are always good at having a positive attitude about things. What you said was so true! God has his own timing and always has our best interest in mind, even when it doesn't seem like it from our perspective. His plan is always better than we could've ever imagined or planned for ourselves. I love that pic of Trav and Lyndee! Seriously SO cute of them!
You are one amazing person and I feelso very blessesd to have you a part of our family. You are blessed, and I think that we have to have trials and the "waiting on the Lord "time in our lives to help us truely understand what this gospel and life is about. Hang in there girl. love you all
That is the cutest picture ever!! And you are totally awesome. Love you!
amanda, you are an amazing person, can i just tell you how much I look up to you and looking at your blog post has seriously made me change my perspective on this same thing! Thank you for this post! Hang in there! You'll make it I promise!
Thanks for sharing Amanda! Love the new pics too. They are DARLING!
You are incredible! I have always looked up to you. We are so blessed.. but is is so easy to forget those blessings that we have been given. Keep going strong. You are such a good example to me and you always have been! Sure Love Ya!!
I'm ready for an update Da!
Post a Comment