Friday, September 23, 2011

Called to Serve

My younger brother Kendall left this week for the MTC. He will be there for 3 weeks and then on to Winnipeg, Canada to serve as a full time missionary. It has been my opportunity to watch him prepare over the last few months, and witness a change already come upon him. I was able to attend the temple as he went through for the first time and I watched him as he wept. Then at his farewell, where he was so nervous but delivered in true KJ style. Then again being set apart by his Stake President, where he also wept. His humility is amazing to me! He is such an amazing kid, with a way to make anyone around him laugh. I think that is what I will miss most about him, not only his laugh, but the way he made me laugh. Then we made the terrible trek down to the MTC where we literally dropped him off. It all happened so fast, but that is where he is supposed to be. He has given up a lot to be there, but I know he will be forever changed when he returns.




He taught Lyndee to give him "fives" before he left. She loves it, and had a huge grin every time he asked her to play. We can't believe she will be almost 3 when he gets back.


2 comments:

Megan and Will said...

Oh amanda...this post just made me cry and cry!! I'm so proud of him and his sacrifices! Love you all so much!

Paige said...

Go KJ! He will be so awesome! And I am always here for ya! We need to play lots! Love ya!