Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The First Two Weeks

I can't believe our little Lyndee is already two weeks old! These first two weeks have been like a roller coaster ride, but I can honestly say that I feel like I am at the peak of my life. Everytime I look at her my love for her grows even more. I have had so many thoughts run through my head this week but the one that has repeated many times is gratitude. I cannot believe I am blessed enough to be this angel's mom and that my Heavenly Father had entrusted me with her care. I wanted to document some events from these two weeks that I have loved and hope to remember.

-Travis and I sitting on the couch holding her, just staring at her pointing out all of her adorable features and facial expressions.
-Bath Time Poop Blowout in the Towel, Travis and I laughing so hard HE almosts pees his pants.
-Waking her up to feed her, then spending those early hours with her just staring at me.
-Watching her sleep
-Learning to recognize the bowel movement sound and trying to catch it quickly in the diaper while changing her.
-Listening to Travis educate her on things that are important and sing her Christmas songs.
- Visits by family who are IN LOVE with her already!
-Laying in bed with Trav and laughing at her cute little grunts and noises in the other room.
-Watching Trav falling head over heels in love with her, I've never seen him like this.
-Cleaning the very first blowout up her back at the Doctors Office.

Her Two Week Stats-

Height- 20.5 inches- 20%
Weight- 6.3 oz- 4%
Head- 14 inches- 40%

7 comments:

Todd and Melissa said...

She's so little! And, sounds like some fun memories to hold on to so far. There will be many more to come!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Gotta love those poop blowouts:) SO glad you are enjoying this - sometimes it's hard with all of the lost sleep, but you are GREAT parents - and I can just see cute Trav as a dad!! What a sweetie too....

Rebecca said...

Oh Amanda, she is absolutely beautiful. And what sweet and wonderful memories! You are a wonderful mom, I am sure things will just continue to get better and better. You have such great insight and humor with the fun things that are to come!

Megan and Will said...

Oh my gosh, the worst Aubrey has had was at CHURCH!!! It was all over me...it was horrible! lol Makes us laugh in the end though! I can't wait to meet Miss Lyndee!!

MomMitchell said...

Love to hear about those memories!! You will make lots more of them. I can just see you two laughing so dang hard, and hear Trav sing!!! We love her so much, and isn't it amazing how one LITTE person so tiny can change your lives!

Paige said...

she is SOOO adorable! I just love her! And you!! If you need anything let me know!! Love ya!

Michelle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics that Curtis took! She is so stinkin cute! And I love her little snorts!