Sunday, December 12, 2010
December 6, 2010
Our sweet Lyndee was born on Monday, December 6th at 5:39pm she was 6 pounds and 20.5 inches long. We arrived at Davis Hospital at 7:00 that morning where I would be induced. By 8:00 the whole thing started, and I couldn't believe it was all actually happening. Dr. Spencer broke my water and the contractions started after that. By 10:00 I was dilated to a 4 and gladly took the offer of an epidural. It was kind of a scary experience to have contractions and a needle stuck in my back at the same time. But as soon as it kicked in, life was beautiful! I progressed about a centemeter and hour and by 4:00 I was dilated to a 10 and SO ready to push! They called Dr. Spencer but said that she was still pretty high up and that I would need to push for at least an hour. The pushing started and nothing was really happening. I would push and she would come forward and then right back. After over an hour with nothing happening and her little heart beat racing and getting higher we looked at other options. We decided to first try the suction device or vacuum to see if that would work. If that didn't work right away the next option would be a C-Section. At that moment I was so scared but would do anything to make sure she was okay. I think everyone in the delivery room said a little prayer, hoping everything would be okay. We tried the vacuum and sure enough with one push she was here! I glanced down at her little body who wasn't crying and was pretty blue and asked if she was even breathing. The doctor said " Oh yeah she is just staring at me." She didn't even cry during the whole process until Travis bathed her later that night. I think the moment she was placed in our arms, we were changed forever. She already has brought such a sweet and calming presence to our home. We still can't believe she is ours but feel so lucky to be her parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Where are all those pictures???????She is just so cute and we love her so much. How thankful we are everything went so well amd now we just can SPOIL her!!! Love you all
Amanda congratulation! You are wonderful. I am glad that everthing went ok, sounds scary for a minute, but so glad she is here and safe. Where is her picture? I am so happy for you, now comes the hard part, feeding's, little sleep etc.... I am sure that you are a fabulous mother!
WOW!! Isn't delivering a baby so miraculous! I'm so proud of you girl! She's beautiful and you did a great job!! Can't wait to meet miss lyndee!
Post a Comment