Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Little Movements

I was worried the last time I saw the doctor that I couldn't feel our little one move. He thought that it was kind of interesting but wasn't super worried. He then pulled out the heart monitor (love that thing) and started to go over my belly listening to her cute little heart beat. Then you could hear a slight nudge sound in the machine, he looked at me and said did you feel that? I sure did, I had been feeling movement the whole time and didn't even know! After that day I have felt little movements more frequently. Lately they have been stronger and more frequent, I love the feeling, there is nothing else like it! Everytime she moves its like confirmation that she is still okay and healthy. I no longer fear as much as I used to that things are going to be ok!
Trav and I were saying our night prayers a couple nights ago and he had his arm around my belly, not five seconds into the prayer she started going nuts and moving like crazy. That made Trav start to giggle and the more she moved the more he giggled. I had to control myself and not start laughing as well, instead I just thanked Heavenly Father for our active little one! I already LOVE being this sweet girl's mom and can't wait to hold her in my arms. We have an appointment tomorrow and will get to hear her heartbeat again and then in 2 weeks get to see her again in an ultra sound. We will update again then!

9 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I love feeling my little baby kick too! It is the craziest coolest thing! I like all the names on your poll, but I voted for Lyndee, I LOVE that name! Good luck on choosing!

Maples Family!! said...

oh that is super awesome! I can not wait till we can feel ours move!! I am so excited for you!!

Ben and Lindsay said...

that is the best when they start to move!! treasure it! you will miss it when she is not in there anymore

Todd and Melissa said...

There's nothin' like a baby kicking. I love the feeling too. As you get farther along, you'll be able to see your whole belly move. Our nightly ritual was to "unveil" my belly so we could see Izzie roll around and kick her feet. So weird and amazing. :)

MomMitchell said...

You made me giggle just reading about it!! Such sweet moments when they really start to move,it's the best feeling, she is going to be so much fun for you both.

Amanda B. said...

Oh, feeling your baby move is so magical. How fun for you guys!!

And I wanted to mention that your little sis has been my girls new gymnastic teacher. She is darling and we ADORE her. I'm afraid Halle gives her a run for her money, but she is seriously so great with the kids. :)

Michelle said...

It's so fun to feel your baby kick! It's like you getting to know their little personality. I used to laugh when every night as I would lay down in bed Carson would all of the sudden kick and punch in every direction like he all of the sudden had this giant spurt of energy. I can just picture Travy getting the giggles as she kicked. Only a couple more months to go girl! Wahoo!

Todd and Melissa said...

OK, so apparently the cute little baby legs that I gave you at your shower have a defect! The little applique heart can fall off, which is obviously dangerous for your baby. I have another pair that are just as cute for you to replace them. So next time I see ya, I will bring them for sure! Sorry!!!

Bain Becomes a Master said...

It's time for another update! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute belly, and more ultrasounds! I bet you look so cute!