Sunday, November 21, 2010

Update- Bed Rest??

Once again it has been to long since I have updated. Yes I have had a couple of showers and my belly is larger than I thought it could ever be! As soon as I get the shower pictures figured out I will post how adorable that was! It has been a crazy couple of weeks but thought I should probably document, so at least I can remember these events in the future!

About 10 or so days ago I called the doctor after having some pelvic pain that didn't seem to go away and was getting worse. He told me to come in and we would check it out. Of course being the emotional wreck that I have become over the last couple of months, I freaked out. Luckily she was still moving at a normal rate but I just overall didn't feel good. So I went in and he tested my blood pressure, like he always does and it was super high. He also noticed that my face, feet and hands were really swollen. Which to me had become a daily occurrence but to him was too much. He had me lay down for 15 mins and then came in and tested me again, the blood pressure was still high. He stated that I was developing toxemia and needed to probably stop all activity, including working. I kinda laughed and said well Dr. Spencer I was planning on working until December 16th, to which he also laughed and said oh you won't make it that long! Which again made me panic, and the am I really ready for this, can I really be a mom already any many other thoughts ran quickly through my head! But he said work tomorrow which was Friday and then I want you to do nothing all weekend, I mean nothing and then come back on Monday. So I didn't do a thing, just layed around hating every minute of it!

Little did I know when I saw him on Monday my blood pressure would still be very high and he would put me on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. Bed rest to me sounded like one of the worst swear words I had ever heard! You mean I can't do anything?? I'm not sure I can do that! I even asked him if a quiet stroll around the store would be okay, he said no. Ha I tried!With so much to do to still get her room ready and get things organized, having to stare at all of it would be hard.

But then I thought about this sweet, active, healthy girl growing inside of me and how more than anything I wanted to be her mom. That was when I said okay, I can do this, I think! I am now 35 weeks and a total bum but trying to cook this baby until at least 36 weeks. So our plans have totally changed and she will be here a lot sooner than we thought. But today even though I might be going crazy she is healthy and okay, and so am I and I am so grateful for that!

Travis has totally stepped into action and taken such good care of me. He always has such a positive attitude, I'm so lucky to have him! He will be such an awesome dad. My mom and mother in law have been amazing, bringing meals and taking me to my twice a week appointments. Many others have called to check on not only my health but sanity as well, that is also much appreciated! If you hear or know of any good movies or books send them my way! I hope my next update is of her cute face and maybe a little about her birth, wish me luck!

6 comments:

The Smoots said...

Oh my heavens! My sister kind of had the same thing with the blood pressure. Take the bed rest time to get as much sleep as you can! I know easier said then done, she will be perfect and healthy as ever when she is born! I am so excited for you, and I can't wait till you have your baby, you'll be such and awesome mommy! :)

Megan and Will said...

Oh Amanda! I can only imgaine what you're going through. Keep up the hard baby making work! :) She will be in your arms soon and it will all be worth it...man i gotta make your presents...and QUICK! Love ya!

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry you got put on bed rest girl! I just wish I was there to help you! Well if you haven't had her by the 16th then I will be there whenever, but even if you have I want to come visit lots!! Can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks! Keep that baby girl cookin' girl! love ya!

Todd and Melissa said...

Oh man! Bed rest stinks, but you are totally right about doing it for the babe (and you!). Just try to think of it as the only rest you're going to have for, like, the next 18 years. Then maybe you'll really cherish it! :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Rebecca said...

Oh Amanda,
I wondered when I stopped by that you were not there? I am sorry that you are on bed rest, I have your scrapbook all done. Let me know when a good time to come by would be. I hope your sanity is holding up. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Such a bummer - I can't imagine!! I hope you are doing okay - we're thinking of you guys and your little sweetie!