

Christmas Morning! I wrapped the shirt first, and then a toy airplane and then the tickets. This may be the only year I will actually be able to suprise him. Don't worry about the handle bars on his face..Trav and my brother Kohl thought it was hilarious!Here it is!
Our first stop! A favorite of Trav's for sure! We were a minority in this place, but the food was amazing!
The Febbos- A Member family in Travis' last area. We visited them the first day we flew in.
The Reliant Stadium where the Texans play. Trav thought it was the coolest thing ever, we wanted to tour it but never got a chance!




These pictures are from the aquarium at Moody Gardens in Galveston. It was so cool to see these neat creatures and just hang out with Drew and Stef. Galveston was one of the hardest areas hit by hurricane Ike, it was interesting to still see the damage it did.
These two are the Ruiz's, they are such a sweet couple. I had actually met them before in Salt Lake. But as soon as she heard we were coming, (which was last minute) she started making homemade hot chocolate. They are from Mexico City and are the nicest people you will ever meet!

This first picture is of Sister Rodgers with Trav and I. She was the go to gal when the missionaries didn't have a dinner appointment. She told them to never go hungry and to come over whenever they were hungry. The next picture is just ONE of her 3 dogs who had a lick fest on my hand. It was fun to meet her and hear her stories about Travis and Drew. The next picture is Drew and Stef, Drew served as a missionary with Trav in this area and now lives in Houston. They were our tour guides, we had a blast!

This is Zach and Monnie Lucas, we stayed with them for a few days. As mentioned in the previous post she can make some mean gumbo and he let most of us win at wahoo! It was so fun to meet them!!
Johnny Ross and his wife Rachel. He was the Stake President while Trav served in Vidor, the missionaries lived in a trailor right next to his house. He would take Trav and his companion walking every morning at 6:00am and sometimes made them amazing biscuits and gravy that Trav still raves about.



The trip to the city! We had a blast going through the tunnels connecting buildings underground and seeing how huge downtown is. The last picture was from the Chase building, the highest building down town. Notice how far back the picture was taken, thats where I stood!

5 comments:
Fab pictures looks like Ya'll had a great time! I still am having a hard time thinking that Texas is not just a big desert!
Fun pics - Spence would love to go back to his mission sometime.....
Great pictures! Looks like a very fun and busy trip! I have heard of bluebell ice cream and am jealous you got to try it! I've never had gumbo but wouldn't mind trying it--want to bring it to the next family function?? :) I'm so glad you guys got to go on such a fun trip!
looks like you had a fun time! I love the pictures!
Amanda you are so darling! What a great christmas present idea. Marcus has been dying to go back to where he served in North Carolina. What a fun trip, love the pictures!
Post a Comment