Thursday, January 31, 2013

A new year!

Well it has been about 8 months since I last posted on our blog. I feel like if I don't start writing things down again I am going to forget. So much has happened in our lives since my last post and quite frankly I feel like I need an outlet to express my feelings and the happenings of our little family.
Here is a little update on the Mitchell Family!

Lyndee turned two at the beginning of December and is growing up so fast. She is starting to speak in full sentences and is so full of life and energy. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't say a silent prayer for more patience, and also one of gratitude for our spunky girl. Lately most of the day is spent with her singing songs she has learned, or others she makes up on the spot. She is totally off tune but belts it out at the tops of her lungs, I'm afraid she got that from me. Every night we usually sing the same three songs, Jingle Bells which she calls "dashing", Happy Birthday, and I love to see the Temple. The other night Trav and I were putting her to bed and she wanted to sing "the temple song" and I asked if she would help us sing. She began to sing with Travis and I listened quietly as she sang every single word of the first verse. By the end of the song I was in tears, it was indeed a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father and a total win moment for me as a mom. I thought of all those nights she would cry out and I would go in to calm her, all she wanted me to do is sing "the temple song" over and over until she could fall back to sleep. I had a small glimpse into her future, and at two years old her testimony is already beginning to form.  We started potty training about 2 1/2 weeks ago due to a lot of interest that she was showing. I feel like things are going well and will be very happy when the task with be complete!

Travis started a Masters in Health Care Management in July online. If all goes well we plan on him finishing in 18 months to 2 years. He has been so great to study after working all day and is doing really well. His dedication to our family is awesome and he works so hard! He is also serving as the first counselor in the Young Men's Presidency in our ward and does such an awesome job. He is pretty excited about the 49ers going to the Superbowl, he has been a big fan since he was kid.

I am still working two days a week at the Salt Lake Clinic in Radiology scheduling appointments. I hope someday to be able to say home full time with our little munchkin, until then I try to keep a good attitude about it. I am also the secretary in our Primary Presidency and really enjoy working with the children in our ward. I have been trying to get back to the gym this year, always a new years goal but I hope to really make it happen this year.

This last year has been one of the most challenging for my own personal family. It has taught me more than anything else to rely on my Heavenly Father and really focus on the most important things in life. I feel like more than ever before my relationships with other people are so important. I have been so grateful for a husband who has been so understanding and caring of my needs. Things will be forever changed but I try and focus on the positive and let God direct my path and the path of those I love. I'm so excited for a new year, new goals and opportunities! My goal is to blog at least once a month, I hope I can do it!

 
We had her pictures taken about a month before her birthday. I feel like this one captures her personality perfectly!

6 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Yay for blogging! Your little Lyndee is so cute! I hope the new year brings good things for you!

Kristen said...

Lyndee is such a doll! Love that last picture =)

Megan and Will said...

Love you Amanda!!! My goal is to make it out to see you guys this year! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved your comments especially about the singing. Our Izzie loves the Temple song too and sings it daily. Love keeping up with your darling family through the blog so keep it coming. You are a great Mom and have a wonderful family.

Blake and Holly said...

Oh glad you posted! Great post Amanda! Your little Lyndee is So stinkin cute! I love her cute little personality! You are a darling mom to her~!

Jordan Frazier said...

That was such a sweet post and perfect update! I had teary eyes, so you know you will always love that you wrote that quick post down:) I loved reading it.